Who we are
The Guild began in December 2008 as a group of like-minded femmes who saw a need for conversation and political mobilisation around femme identities and femme issues within the Sydney queer community. In 2010 the Guild registered as an incorporated association in NSW, facilitating funding opportunities from the community and government enabling further outreach to femmes in the wider GLBTQI community.
The Sydney Femme Guild Inc.’s Constitution Aims are:
- Combat femme-phobia and femme invisibility and to celebrate femme identity with pride.
- Advocate for self-identified femmes of all walks of life and gender identities.
- Build connections and raise consciousness of Femmes within and around the community.
- Give the collective of femmes a voice to promote equality and visibility of femmes in the queer and wider communities.
- Provide access to education and mentors, hospitality for our friends and community.
- Conduct events in furtherance of the above purposes, either by itself or in conjunction with other invited organisations.
- Engage in all activities that give effect to the above aims.
We always love more femmes to get involved.
Stay tuned: join or renew your membership; like our facebook page to get femme related posts in your newsfeed; and, subscribe to our newsletter for Fair Day info, exciting competitions, femme social events, meeting dates and more.
Don’t forget to check out our ever increasing list of femme websites and blogs in Australia and around the world. Supporting femmes everywhere!